Introvertroversion- is a personality characterized by a focus on internal rather than external sources of stimulation
The world is comprised of 1 out of three people being an introvert and it is reported that while introverts understand extroverts, the same is not true of extroverts understanding introverts.
The term used by extroverts may include, lone wolf, outsider, maverick, recluse, or non-conformist.
Susan Cain, author of the book Quiet wrote “In a culture where being social and outing are prized above all else, it can be difficult , even shameful to be an introvert.”
Signs you might be an introvert
- Being around lots of people drains your energy
- You enjoy solitude
- You have a small group of close friends
- People often describe you as quiet and may find it difficult to get to know you.
- Too much stimulation leaves you feeling distracted and unfocused
- You are very self-aware
- You like to learn by watching
- You are drawn to jobs that involve independence
Introverts have been labeled as shy, aloof, and arrogant. introverts find that people try to change them “suggesting that something is “wrong ” with them.