- Feeling of life being controlled
- Feeling not supported by Healthcare Providers
- Social Isolation or feeling lack of support
- Burden of living with a chronic disease
- Fear of failing at keeping up with Diabetic Care
- Fear or angst or despair about living with diabetes
- Other daily living issues
These issues can sometimes lead to depression.
Diabetes Distress can be treated with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy(CBT) can help with the way you feel about an event , situation, or distorted thinking.
I invite you to work with me to battle this common but serious life threatening disease. You realize that you do not have to fight alone.
I will begin with an eco map( a graphic and useful way of assessing your support systems.)
Diabetes can sometimes run in families. I would prepare a genogram ( family map that covers three generations using special symbols, ability to trace if diabetes has been apart of your family history).